(Last Updated 08/03/2020)
- the types of information we may collect, and how we may collect it
- certain ways we may use that information and with whom we share it
- how you can access and update that information
- the choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your information
- how we intend to protect the information we store about you
Information We May Collect and How We May Collect It
Information About You That We Get From Connected Third-Party Applications, Including Social Networks (like Facebook)
If you use the Services on connected third-party applications or connect our Services to any third-party applications, including social networks, including Facebook, FantasySpin may receive certain information about you from the provider of the third-party application. The information we receive depends on the Services (e.g., games) you're using, the third-party application, your privacy settings and, if applicable, your friends' privacy settings on that third-party application.
For example, the information that FantasySpin may collect and store includes the following information shared by the provider of the connected third-party application:
- your first and last name;
- your profile picture or its URL;
- your user ID number (like your Facebook ID number), which may be linked to publicly-available information like your name and profile photo;
- the user ID number and other public data for your friends;
- the login email you provided to that third-party application when you registered with it;
- your physical location and that of the devices you use to access our Services;
- your gender;
- your birthday and/or age range;
- information about your activities on or through the connected third-party application;
- other publicly-available information on the third-party application; and/or
- any other information that you or the provider of the third-party application share with FantasySpin.
If you are unclear about what information a third-party application is sharing with us, please go to the third-party application to find out more about their privacy practices.
Cookies and Automated Information Collection
We and service providers acting on our behalf, including Google Analytics, store log files and use tracking technologies, which may include:
- cookies, which are small pieces of data transferred to your mobile device or computer for record-keeping purposes;
- web beacons, which let us know if a certain page was visited or whether an email was opened;
- threat detectors to provide threat detection, user authentication, and fraud prevention services, which may automatically collect certain information about your visits to the Website, Application, and any device you use to connect to our Services, in order to monitor for potential threats or bad actors, and this information may include, among other things, your IP address and your device’s unique identifiers;
- location technologies, which we may use to collect your location information, including your geolocation records, for purposes of verifying whether you are eligible to participate in a contest, sweepstakes, or giveaway or to determine if you are otherwise permitted to use our Services;
- tracking pixels, which allow us or our advertising partners to advertise more efficiently and effectively;
- local shared objects, also known as flash cookies, which help us to reduce fraud, remember your in-game preferences and speed up load times; and
- other technologies that may permit the collection other technical information, including your IP address (which may identify your general geographic location), device identifier data, the type of device you use, your operating system and version, the URL’s of our web pages that you visit, the URL’s of referring and exiting pages, the pages you view, the time spent on a page, the number of clicks made, the platform type, and generalized, non-specific location data.
Without limiting the forgoing, we and our service providers use these log files, tags, and tracking technologies to collect and analyze certain kinds of technical information, which may include:
- IP addresses;
- the type of computer or mobile device you are using;
- your operating system version;
- your mobile device's identifiers, like your MAC Address, Identifier For Advertising (IDFA), and/or International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI);
- your browser types;
- your browser language;
- referring and exit pages, and URLs;
- platform type;
- the number of clicks on a page or feature;
- domain names;
- landing pages;
- pages viewed and the order of those pages;
- the amount of time spent on particular pages; and
- usage information, including information regarding the Services you use (including game features you use, setting and preferences, the types of games you play, how you use our Services, and game state and the date and time of activity on our Website, Application, and Services).
In some cases, we may connect this and other information with your social network ID or FantasySpin user ID.
Other Information from Your Mobile Device
Without limiting anything else herein, if you use our Services on your mobile device, in addition to your device identifiers, we may also collect information that includes:
- the name you have associated with your device;
- your telephone number;
- your country; and
- your specific geolocation;
- your mobile contacts; and
- information about FantasySpin and other third-party apps you have on your device.
Information About You That You Share With Us Directly
When you use our Services, you may give us information directly, including for the following reasons:
- To set up an account;
- To providing us feedback;
- To take part in surveys;
- To contact us by email;
- To make a customer service request;
- To tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location or by otherwise permitting us to geolocate you); and
- To contact us or respond to us in connection with participating in promotions, including sweepstakes, contests, and giveaways (to, among other things, verify your eligibility, notify you regarding such promotions, process prizes and rewards, and to otherwise administer your participation in such promotions).
Such information may include:
- Your identifiers, which may include your name (first and last), a username (or similar identifier), date of birth, gender or sex, and profile photo;
- Contact information, which may include your email address, mailing address, or telephone number.
- Transaction information, which may include information you provide for the purposes of sending payments (either to or from FantasySpin, or to a third-party business partner or rewards supplier, or other similar third party), such as the email address associated with a PayPal account or similar account, and may also include the records of any such payments and other information associated with payment transactions;
- Your geographic location;
Without limiting the forgoing, and in addition to anything else contained herein, some Services, including certain games, sweepstakes, contests, and giveaways, may use a more traditional registration or account set-up process where you may be asked to give us information, including some or all of the following information:
- Your age or birthday;
- Your gender;
- Your first and last names;
- Your email address;
- Certain tax information (if you earn a reward or prize that exceeds a certain threshold, in accordance with our interpretation of applicable law);
- A password; and
- Other information that helps us make sure it's you accessing your account or helps us improve our services.
We may also let you create a player profile, separate from your social networking site profile (for example, your Facebook profile), which other FantasySpin players may be able to see. Your player profile may include certain information, which may include:
- A profile photo;
- Game username(s);
- Your gender;
- Biographic details (like your age or age range);
- Approximate location information that you provide;
- Links to your profiles on various social network;
- Details about the games you play; and
- A FantasySpin player ID number that is created by FantasySpin and used to identify your profile.
Certain information in your FantasySpin profile may be publicly accessible on the Website, including:
- The FantasySpin player ID;
- Your first and last names; and
- Your player profile picture.
Your FantasySpin player ID number may appear, among other places, in the URL of your profile page. It will allow access to information you make public in your settings.
Information About Your Contacts
We may give you the ability to import your address book contacts or manually enter them so that you can locate your contacts on FantasySpin and/or invite them to join our Services. We may employ various techniques in order to enable you to invite your friends, including offering contact importer tools, to facilitate adding your contacts, including contacts in your address book, so that you can more readily ask your contacts to join and/or communicate with you through the Services. With your permission, we will access your address book, and import your contacts’ names, email addresses, phone numbers, images, geolocation details and any other information associated with your contacts to determine, among other things, which of your friends do not use our Services. You are responsible for getting your contacts' permission when you opt to give their contact details to us. We may also get information about you from other FantasySpin users importing or entering their contacts. During this process, we may also collect information from you, including your telephone number, some information on your settings, and the identity of your phone carrier, mobile network code, and mobile country code, in order to, among other things, facilitate you and your friends’ use of our Website, Application, and Services. If you want to remove your contacts stored by us, follow the instructions provided in the game to request that we remove them from our systems. If you need to enter a password to allow us to access your address book, we will not store that password.
Information You Generate Using Our Communications Features
You may be able to take part in certain activities on our Services that let you communicate or share information not just with other FantasySpin players. These include:
- Participating in player forums and message boards;
- Posting public comments to other players' profiles;
- Sending private messages or invitations to other players, either directly on our websites or to their email accounts;
- Chatting with other players; and/or
- Posting photos, drawings, or any other media.
You acknowledge and expressly agree that we may access in real-time, record and/or store archives of these communications, comments, photos and drawings on FantasySpin's servers to make use of them to protect the safety and well-being of our players and FantasySpin's rights and property in connection with our Services; to conduct research; to operate, improve, personalize and optimize our Services and our players' experiences, including through the use of analytics; and to manage and deliver contextual advertising.
If permitted to purchase a license to use our in-game virtual currency or virtual items in connection with our Services, our third-party payment processor will collect the billing and financial information it needs to process your charges. This may include your postal address, email address and financial information. FantasySpin does not collect or store your financial information, like credit card numbers. However, FantasySpin's payment processors may share non-financial information with us related to your purchases, like your name, billing address and the items purchased in order to fulfill your order. FantasySpin may also obtain the billing and payment information that you provide when your purchase is processed by someone else, including Facebook, Apple or Google, such as when you purchase something in a game you play on a social network or that you downloaded on your mobile device. Our Terms of Service explain our policies and terms relevant to our charges, billing practices, third-party credits and virtual currencies. Please note that purchases of third party credits or currencies may also be subject to those parties' policies.
Customer Support Correspondence
Except as provided herein, when you ask for help from our customer support team, we may collect and store any information you give them, including your name and email address, as well as information that includes your use of our Website and Services, and your FantasySpin player and/or social network ID number. We will also store the communications you have with the customer support team and any information in those communications in order to provide support and improve the Services.
Information You Give Us For Text Messaging Services
We receive and store the information you provide, including your mobile telephone number, when you choose to sign up to receive text messages.
We may collect or receive information about you from other sources like third-party information providers, business partners, and rewards suppliers. We use this information along with information you provide us directly, for example, to operate, improve, personalize and optimize our Services, facilitate your experience, help you and your friends connect, or to serve you advertising more tailored to your interests.
How We Use the Information We Collect
The main use of the information we collect and store is to provide a better gaming experience, but there are other uses as well. The uses for which we collect and store your information may include:
- to operate, improve and optimize our Services and facilitate our players' experiences;
- to create your game accounts and allow you to use our Services;
- to identify and suggest connections with other FantasySpin players and personalize our Services to you;
- to enable players to communicate with each other;
- to provide technical support and respond to player inquiries;
- to protect the safety and well-being of our players;
- to protect FantasySpin's rights and property in connection with our Services;
- to prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities, and to enforce our Terms of Service;
- to manage and deliver contextual and behavioral advertising;
- to notify players of in-game updates, new products or promotions and promotional offers;
- to process, facilitate, administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners and rewards suppliers;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes we may have with you or other players, and to enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- to conduct research.
One important use of your information is communication. If you have provided your email address to FantasySpin, we will use it to respond to customer support inquiries, and keep you informed of your use of our Services, including in-game activity, comments from friends, and in-game status. Some messages, like invites for friends to join you in a game, may include your name and profile photo. We may also send promotional email messages and promotional text messages directly or in partnership with affiliated or third parties, in accordance with your marketing preferences. Each promotional communication may offer you choices about receiving additional messages. Receipt of such communications depends on FantasySpin having certain contact information from you.
How We Share Your Information
We may disclose or publish aggregated information (information about you and other players collectively that is not intended to specifically identify you)—for example, players between the ages of 21 and 25 who live Dallas—and other non-personal information about our players for purposes such as industry analysis, demographic profiling, marketing, analytics, advertising, and other purposes. In addition, we may share your information (which may include personal information) with third parties (in other words, parties other than FantasySpin) or allow third parties to collect this information from our Services in the following circumstances:
Friends and Other FantasySpin Players
The Services support and often encourages you to interact with other players. In most FantasySpin games, if you play through a social network or register through a social network (for example, Facebook Connect), your social network friends will see your name, profile photo and descriptions of your game activity. Similarly, in many FantasySpin games, other players, regardless of whether they are your social network friends or not, will be able to see descriptions of your game activity (including the identification of any FantasySpin games you have played), communicate with you within our Services, and view your game profile, which may include your name or a "game name" and your profile photo. In certain cases, your profile photo can reveal your social network ID or FantasySpin player ID, and access to a social network ID or FantasySpin player ID may allow others to view the public information associated with your related social network profile or FantasySpin account. Other players may also be able to send you game requests or even friend requests through the related social network's or FantasySpin's communication channels.
Third-Party Advertising Including Tailored Advertising and Analytics
We have advertising on our Services so we can continue to offer many of our Services for free.
We do not actively share personal information with third-party advertisers for their direct marketing purposes unless you give us your consent.
When advertisers or ad networks place ads in our Services, they may collect or we may share information, including the following, from within our Services:
- performance data (like the number of clicks on an advertisement);
- aggregated and/or de-identified information about you and other players collectively that is not intended to specifically identify you (like players between the ages of 21 and 25 who live Dallas Texas);
- certain technical information (for example, IP addresses, non-persistent device identifiers such as IDFAs, and de-identified persistent device identifiers such as a hashed Android ID);
- your social network ID;
- and other contextual data about your game play (for example, your level and session length).
The information may be used for purposes that include the following:
- to measure how effective ads are, to offer you targeted advertising in order to personalize your experience by showing you advertisements for products and services that are more likely to appeal to you (a practice known as behavioral advertising); and/or
- to undertake web analytics (like Google Analytics which is used to analyze traffic and other player activity to improve your experience).
Advertisers or ad networks may collect this information through the use of tracking technologies like browser cookies and web beacons, and they may use a single tracking technology or multiple tracking technologies at the same time.
We may enter into agreements with companies that refer users to our Services via hyperlinks available on the referring party’s website. We may automatically collect certain information, such as your IP address, other unique personal identifiers, and the identity of the referring website via cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies that are provided to us in connection with your use of the referring party’s website.
Security and Compliance with Law
Regardless of the choices you make regarding your personal information (as described herein), your information, and the contents of all of your online communications in our Services and between You and FantasySpin may be accessed and monitored as needed to provide our Service and may be disclosed:
- when we have a good faith belief that we have to disclose the information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, or legal process (for example, a court order, search warrant or subpoena);
- to satisfy any laws or regulations that apply;
- where we believe in our sole discretion that the Service is being used in committing a crime, including to report such criminal activity or to share information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction, and other security precautions;
- when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the health and/or safety of you, another person or the public generally; and
- to protect the rights or property of FantasySpin and other applicable third parties, including to enforce our Terms of Service.
Third-Party Service Providers
We will share your information with third-party companies to perform services on our behalf, like processing and administering payments, rewards and sweepstakes, analyzing data, optimizing game play, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and to help us in our marketing efforts, including managing and delivering contextual and tailored advertisements. We require these third-party service providers to maintain the confidentiality of the information we share with them, and we require them not use your information for anything other than to provide services on our behalf.
In the event that FantasySpin undergoes a business restructuring or transition (including proposed transactions), like a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or part its assets (like selling a game), we may disclose or transfer all of your information, including personal information, to the successor organization in the transition. We will make reasonable efforts to let you and other players know of the business transition before transferring your personal information.
Additional Disclosures of Personal Information
In addition to, and without limiting any of the sharing practices otherwise discussed herein, the disclosure of your personal information may also include:
- Sharing your personal information with certain service providers to, among other things: provide you the Services we offer through our Website and Application; conduct quality assurance testing; facilitate the creation of accounts; provide account authentication and user verification services; provide technical and customer support; geolocate users; personalize, customize, and improve your use and experience of the Services; process payments to you and other financial transactions; send email and push notifications; enable security support and technical maintenance; send you newsletters, surveys, messages, and promotional materials related the Services or on behalf of other companies; verify your identity; prevent harmful or unlawful uses of our Services, including fraud; deliver you customized or personalized content, information, and advertising; understand when users have installed our Application; monitor the health and performance of code on users’ devices; request user feedback; send users links to download our Application; monitor the health of our servers; manage search engine optimization; and improve and optimize the performance of our Services. Sharing your information with the Internal Revenue Service and other taxing authorities if you earn a reward or prize that exceeds a certain threshold, in accordance with our interpretation of applicable law;
- Sharing your information with certain professional advisers, including lawyers, auditors, bankers, insurers and consultants, bound legal and/or contractual duties of confidentiality, in order to obtain advice or other professional services from them.
- Sharing information about certain Services in which you participate, including games, and such information may relate to your win/loss records, finishes, and rosters.
- Using your name, likeness, voice, opinions, and biographical information for publicity, advertising, trade, or promotional purposes without further payment, consideration, notice, or approval when you participate in any promotional sweepstakes, giveaway or contest.
- Sharing some or all of your personal information with our corporate affiliates, without limitation, our subsidiaries, joint ventures and other companies under a common control ("Affiliates"), in which case we will require our Affiliates to respect this notice.
Information We Receive From a Third-Party Application Where You Play Our Games or From Your Mobile Device
To manage the information FantasySpin receives about you from a third-party application where you use our Services (for example, Facebook) you will need to follow the instructions for the third-party application for updating your information and changing your privacy settings. You also can manage some aspects of information collection and use by visiting the "settings" page of your mobile device and reviewing the permissions of the Application.
Accessing and Updating Your Information Held by FantasySpin
If you want to review, delete, or change the information FantasySpin has about you or have additional questions, email us at email@example.com.
Stopping Use of Your Information
If you no longer want FantasySpin to make active use of your information, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Place "Delete My Account" in the subject line and include your first name, last name, email address and your social network ID for the social network from which you access our Services (if applicable) in the body of the email (for example, your Facebook user ID). We will respond to your request within thirty days. Please note that certain records, for example those relating to payments or customer service matters, will be held for legal and accounting purposes. If you have sent content through or posted content on the Service, we may not be able to delete it.
Opting Out of Geolocation
If you have previously allowed us to access your geolocation data, you can stop making geolocation available to us by visiting your mobile device's settings for the Application or the "settings" page for the relevant game.
Opting Out of Promotional Emails from FantasySpin
If you want to stop receiving promotional emails from FantasySpin, click on the "unsubscribe" link in any promotional email from FantasySpin. Please note that once we receive your request, it may take an additional period of time for your opt-out to become effective. Your unsubscribe or email preference change will be processed promptly, and in no event longer than ten business days.
Opting Out of Other Communications
You can opt out of receiving text messages by texting back STOP to the number we send the text from for that particular text message program. In some cases a preferences management page will also be available. When we receive an opt-out message from you for text messages, we may send a message confirming our receipt of your opt-out.
When you use or Services or install the Application on your mobile device we may ask you to choose to receive push notifications, which are messages an app sends you on your mobile device even when the app is not on. You can turn off notifications by visiting your mobile device's "settings" page.
Privacy Policies of Linked Third-Party Services and Advertisers
Our websites and games may contain advertisements from third-party services, which are companies other than FantasySpin that may link to their own websites, online services or mobile applications. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these third-party services. If you have any questions about how these third-party services use your information, you should review their policies and contact them directly.
Our Policies Concerning Children
We are committed to complying with the laws protecting the privacy of children, including the United States’ Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Our Website, Application, and Services are not for children under the age of 13, and we require that such individuals not provide us with personal information. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13. Children under 13 should not use these websites or games at any time. If we learn that we have inadvertently gathered personal information from a child under 13, we will take reasonable measures to promptly remove that information from our records. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 who you believe has provided personal information to us through the Website, Application or Services, please contact our privacy team at email@example.com.
Note to International Users
How Long We Keep Your Information
How long we retain your information depends on why we collected it and how we use it. We will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes for its collection, including for the purposes for satisfying our business purpose, or legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. For instance, and without limiting the forgoing, we may retain some information for a few years after you have closed your account with us if this is necessary to meet our legal obligations or to exercise, defend or establish legal rights. In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Security of Your Information
If you have an account registered directly with FantasySpin, your profile information is protected by the password you use to access your FantasySpin account. It is important that you protect and maintain your FantasySpin account's security and that you immediately tell us of any unauthorized use of your account. If you forget the password to your FantasySpin account, the Service allows you to request that instructions be sent to you that explain how to reset your password. If you access our Services through a social network and your social network account is hacked, this may lead to someone playing your FantasySpin games without your permission. So, be careful to keep your social network account information, including your social network account password, secure as well. We urge you to log out of your FantasySpin account and any social network account you have used to access our Services after you use it.
When you sign into your FantasySpin account or enter payment information, we or our third party payment processor use encryption to transmit that information.
While we take precautions against possible security breaches of our Services and our customer databases and records, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. We cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information while it is being transmitted to our Service. Any transmission is at your own risk.
You can also contact us at:
FantasySpin Games LLC
15851 Dallas Parkway Suite 600
Addison Texas 75001